Household Support Fund
Funded by the UK government, the Household Support Fund scheme supports vulnerable Kent households in need of help with significantly rising living costs.
You can apply up until 30 September 2022, or until the budget is spent.
If successful, support will be provided in the form of the following:
- £150 in supermarket vouchers for food and home essentials
- £150 in energy vouchers for pre-paid gas and electricity meters and direct debit customers who are responsible for paying the energy costs in the household.
Vouchers will be sent by email or SMS text. If the household have no access to the internet or email, the vouchers will be posted to their home address.
There is a limited amount of funding available for this scheme and funds will be distributed on a first come, first served basis, with only one award per household.
Who is eligible?
Households will be eligible for assistance if they:
- are aged 16 or over
- are a Kent resident, permanently living within one of the 12 local authorities covered by Kent County Council (this excludes Medway, Bexley, or Bromley)
- are in receipt of means-tested benefits or household income is less than £16,200 per annum before tax
- haven’t previously accessed this round of Household Support funding.
This is a separate scheme to the Kent Support and Assistance Service (KSAS), funded by the UK government. If support is required as a result of the increase in cost of living, apply for the Household Support Fund on the following link: https://www.kent.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/care-and-support/benefits/household-support-fund