Welcome to The Malling School
At The Malling School we are committed to ensuring the transition from primary to secondary school is a happy, exciting and smooth one. We would like your child to feel they know the school, teachers and students before September and have an established packed transition programme in place to ensure they feel part of The Malling School from the moment they hear their application has been successful.
Timeline for student transition from Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 3, the school’s procedure is as follows:
- Wednesday 1st March 2023- KCC allocation of school places
- From the end of March to April we will be sending out our parent handbook along with our admission forms.
- Thursday May 18th, 2023 - Our first transition evening. Parents, Carers and students are invited to attend a talk from our Headteacher in the school hall. The evening will conclude with parents offered the opportunity to meet key staff involved with the transition process.
- From May to June the Transition team will be visiting our feeder primary schools to meet teachers and students and discuss their needs.
- Thursday July 6th 2023 - Daytime, we will hold an induction day at The Malling School. This will be a day full of activities and taster lessons. Students should not attend their current Primary schools, instead they will be spending the day at Malling.
- Thursday July 6th 2023 - Evening, we will hold a parent meeting at The Malling School. This will be an opportunity to hear from your son/daughter's Pastoral Leader and listen to current year 7’s experiences.
- Monday 7th August until Friday 11th August 2022 - Every year we hold a Summer School for our new students. We provide many activities to boost confidence, increase social skills and provide a fun learning experience. It is designed to help with transition and allow students to get used to the school and prepare them for September.
We are very happy that you have chosen The Malling School and look forward to meeting you soon.
Mrs Lucy Platt
Mrs Susan Cook