Welcome to The Malling School
At The Malling School we are committed to ensuring the transition from primary to secondary school is a happy, exciting and smooth one. We would like your child to feel they know the school, teachers and students before September and have an established packed transition programme in place to ensure they feel part of The Malling School from the moment they hear their application has been successful.
Timeline for student transition from Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 3, the school’s procedure is as follows:
*Please be advised that due to the current COVID-19 situation this year’s transition will be altered slightly.
Any changes will be communicated via email to parents as soon as decisions are made.
- From April we will be sending out our parent handbook along with our admission forms.
- Thursday May 19th, 2022 - Our first transition evening. Students will be invited to take part in a taster lesson while parents attend a talk from our Headteacher in the school hall. The evening will conclude with parents offered the opportunity to meet key staff involved with the transition process.
- From May onwards we will visit all our feeder primary schools to meet teachers and students and discuss their needs.
- Thursday July 7th 2022 - Daytime, we will hold an induction day at The Malling School. This will be a day full of activities and taster lessons.
- Thursday July 7th 2022 - Evening, we will hold a parent meeting at The Malling School. This will be an opportunity to hear from your son/daughter's Pastoral Leader and listen to current year 7’s experiences.
- Monday 8th August until Friday 12th August 2022 - Every year we hold a Summer School for our new students. We provide many activities to boost confidence, increase social skills and provide a fun learning experience. It is designed to help with transition and allow students to get used to the school and prepare them for September.
- We are very happy that you have chosen The Malling School and look forward to meeting you soon.
Mrs Lucy Platt
Mrs Susan Cook